Saturday 24 March 2018

Instagrammable Food Guide To Tokyo - Dominique Ansel Bakery (Omotesando)

Everyone is always asking about Tokyo food, and I figured if I’m going to do this, why not make my first food list about all the Instagrammable spots. So here you have it! Below is a list of what I’ve tried, when I tried it, where it is, and roughly how much it costs. I hope this will help for your next Tokyo journey!

I would also love to know, what are your Tokyo favourites for ‘Instagrammable cafes’? There’s a whole range of others I’m dying to check out!

Dominique Ansel Bakery (Omotesando)

I remember my first visit to a Dominique Ansel Bakery. It was NYC’s Soho shop with my friend Patricia. It was the first time I was able to taste Dominique Ansel’s world famous creation – the cronut! I’ve since visited the Dominique Ansel Tokyo Café twice, once in summer, and most recently in winter. I love that they always have themed sweets to try, such as the Valentine’s specials you’ll see below. While we were there, there was a Central Park Winter special for two on the menu, which included lobster rolls (amazing ones), soup, pastries, and biscuits, all served in the cutest little picnic basket, complete with blanket! I find that the quality of the food here is always next level, which is why I keep coming back for more.

The Omotesando shop is the larger of the two Dominique Ansel Bakeries in Tokyo. Downstairs is usually for take away/on the go diners, while upstairs is reserved for those who wish to have the full, and quieter experience. There is also a shop in Ginza, however I have not been to this one, I just know that it is smaller.

Must try: Their cheese toastie is to die for! You also need to order a blooming hot chocolate to be mind blown, and also a cronut is a must if you’ve not had his before! Oh, and a cookie shot too. And the pastries of course – at least one! Sorry if this over complicates your order!

Time of visit: August & February (Summer & Winter)
Cost: A tart/dessert from Dominique Ansel Bakery will cost roughly 1000yen. A standard meal will set you back by about 3000-4000yen, depending on your order.
Address: 5-7-14 Jingumae, Shibuya-ku, Tokyo 150-0001
Hours: 10:00-19:00

No comments:

Post a Comment