Wednesday 21 November 2012

China Trip - Day 11 - Shanghai - 21 November 2012

Itinerary
7.30am wakeup call Breakfast
10,00 meeting with Milan Zhu, Public Relations Manager,  Shanghai World Financial Center Observatory and viewing from Observation Decks of SWFC
12 lunch, Check out hotel.
1.00pm Metro train to check into Pullman Shanghai Skyway hotel
4.00 explore local area
5.00 happy hour at hotel
6pm Metro train to Nanjing Road Pedestrian Mall  (Walking Street)
10.00 swim at hotel pool

The Day
Another cool wet day in Shanghai. I had arranged to visit the Observation Deck in the tallest building in Shanghai - the Shanghai World Financial Center. I took the Metro train from the hotel and went the few stations to the tall building on Pudong. A lift whizzed me up to the 97 floor for viewing, then to the 100th floor. Unfortunately, the only thing I saw was the close-up view of clouds. The advantage was no waiting on long queues. On a clear day, people can see upwards through ceilings that open, transparent6 floors, and large windows to see 360 views of Shanghai and beyond, This is one place that I will have to visit next time I am in Shanghai - on a clear day.

Time to change hotels again, this time by Metro train under the Hangpu River to the Puxi side of Shanghai. `At the Pullman Shanghai Skyway  I met with Estella Zhang & Arthur Ai, who kindly took time out of their busy day to tell me about the hotel. My wonderful room was on the Executive Level which gave me access to the Club Lounge and its benefits.  I will write separate articles about this hotel in coming days.

That evening I went by Metro to the Nanjing Road Walking Street, the main shopping street in Shanghai. The only vehicles allowed are the motorised trains, pulling carriages of people around as nursery rhymes play from loudspeakers on each train.



No comments:

Post a Comment